Thursday, July 4, 2013

Review: Revlon Demure


Consistency: I liked the consistency of this polish. It was just the right amount of liquidity and all around a thumbs up in my book

Application: I applied the first layer and as expected it was semi-sheer, an average mark. To get an opaque look, I did what anyone would do and applied another layer. It was still kind of sheer so I felt like another coat was needed. But as I was on the third layer, I noticed that it was quite tough to get a nice and even coat. It wasn’t that three coats were too much because application was still a breeze, but I didn’t get the look I was hoping for until a generous fourth coat. 
     Also, I wanted to point out that the brush is very skinny. It was good for applying polish to smaller nails like the pinky nail but tedious when it came to the large area nails like the thumb nail. 
     In the end, although application was not ideal, I still liked the finished look and it doesn’t look like I packed on layers after layers. 

Color: On the nail, the polish is slightly darker than in the bottle and definitely a more coral look. 

Longevity: HOLY COW! This nail polish lasted for such a long time on me. I’m actually in the process of doing a top coat review but this trial was not the best one. My left hand had a top coat and base coat and my right hand was just the nail polish and the base coat. They lasted the same amount of time. I have on the nail polish on right now and today was the very first day I saw a chip in the polish (day 7 >> You can see a picture of the small chip after the 7-day wear pictures). Which hand was it on? The left hand with the top coat and everything. My right hand looks awesome like I just applied it yesterday (except for the small area that gives away a week’s worth of nail growth).  
     Even though the hand without the top coat lasted longer, I would still recommend wearing a top coat because it won't have the glossy look like the left hand. The left hand just looks more polished and clean and catches the light better. 

How Many Coats: You can maybe get away with three but I applied a generous fourth coat to be extra sure I covered the entire nail. 

Top Coat/Base Coat: Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat (only on the left hand)/ Julep Nail Therapy

7-Day Wear: Some days have two pictures and some have only one picture because some days I forgot to take a different angle and location. (+ there is no reason why the collage is symmetrical, it was just a coincidence)

*If you don't know how to go about understanding the days: day 1 is the two top left pictures (top+bottom), day 2 is directly right of day 1 and only has one picture, day 5 is the two bottom left pictures (top+bottom), and I'm guessing you can figure out the rest.


Here is a picture of the small chip that I saw on day 7. (Ring finger) + (sorry about the glare. There was a window in front)


I decided to be very artsy this week and took some additional photos of just the nail polish. 
OH! Forgot to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment