Monday, February 17, 2014

NOTW: Chinese New Year & Valentine's Day

 
I decided to paint my nails inspired by Chinese New Year (as well as the upcoming Valentine's Day - now passed) but didn't want to go super over the top. As you can see in the photo above, I went with dark grey nails and only a red & gold accent nail and overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm not too happy with the dark grey as the main color but I do really like the gold and red together. I have to say though, the gold glitter does not like tape. It wasn't a catastrophe but it was troublesome. After removing the tape (my favorite nail art tool), I had to go back and fill in the part where the tape took off the glitter. Also, I don't know about you but the dark grey kept pulling tones of blue. It was subtle, but every time I looked at my nails I kept seeing blue.
 
Anyways, this post is kind of a miscellaneous post but feel free to write in the comments if you have anything that comes across your mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment