Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review/NOTW: Covergirl Copper Cappuccino

 
Let me first start off by saying Happy Chinese New Year! I actually have a 'sort of' festive manicure for Chinese New Year but that will be up next week. I wanted to put this post up before that one.
 
Okay, so this is a weird post because this polish is super old. I have had this polish for as long as I can remember. I actually think it used to belong to my mom, but I LOVE it! Because it is so old I was apprehensive about doing this post because I have searched near and far and can't find this sold anywhere. Nevertheless, I did want to post this because I want your input if there is any nail polish out there similar to this one.
 
To be honest, I'm not quite sure if it is in fact Covergirl. I assume the CG means Covergirl and I have looked all over the bottle and nothing.
 
   Review Time...
 
Consistency: very very good (especially for being years old)
 
Application: fantastic. For being really old, I didn't find that the polish was any thicker than my other newer polishes. Glides on like a dream, but the best part was that it was completely opaque in the first coat. I love polishes like this because I am not one to really enjoy the process. I know some people like this as a calming beauty routine, but I only like the finished product.
 
Color: another one that I was blown away with. The color is so multi-dimensional. There is shimmer in all the right places. Ranking just based on color, this polish is still one of my all-time favorites.
 
Longevity: good but not great. Lasted for a good amount of days but nothing spectacular.
 
How many coats: ONE!
 
Top Coat/Base Coat: Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat / Julep Nail Therapy
 
7-Day Wear:  
 
 
Overall Grade: A+
 
Again, sorry if you had hopes to buy this nail polish. But if you have any recommendations of a polish similar to this Covergirl one, please let me know in a comment because I don't know how many more manicures I can get with the limited amount of polish left.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment