Monday, November 17, 2014

All Hail The Queen

 

Another fun day

-----

Waking up bright and early, we rode the tube to into central London to get an inside tour of Buckingham Palace



Because of the no picture policy, I was unable to capture any images. But let me tell you, it is as palatial as you may think. Everything was so extravagant. Every room, every detail.

Finishing the tour and heading out, we ate lunch at their nice cafe. Although the selection wasn't the greatest and the food wasn't the best thing in the world, it was still amazing to know that the Queen could have walked the same floor.

Here is a little scone with strawberries, cream, and raisins & coffee I shared with my sister.


London architecture is surely amazing. One thing I love about London is its beautiful mixture of modern and traditional architecture.



Walking around




We ended the day early, grabbing a meal at Ale & Pie. A football (soccer) game was on so the place was extremely crowded and loud. We ended up finding a table tucked away in a corner with no sight of the game. I ordered a steak pie with mashed potatoes.


As you can see from my past London posts, many of the meals I had lacked fruits or vegetables. I will say that London cuisine is very much carbs and starch. Near the end of the trip, my stomach was not taking London food so well. So for all you future travelers, I would suggest either buying some fruit and vegetables while there or specifically ordering them at restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment