Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Let's Talk About: granola, nut allergies, my nail blog

Usually I like to publish posts over the weekend but I was in a rut --- Writer's block (even though I don't really consider myself a writer). Normally I have my posts planned out but not this week. I had wanted to post another nail post considering I haven't done one in the past, but I accidently hit my nail and broke it.
 
I still wanted to write about something so excuse me if this is not the most interesting topic.
 
I love yogurt and I am always looking for things to spice up my plain yogurt. For a while, granola in yogurt was a big thing. Unfortunately I am allergic to many nuts and many of the companies out there sell granola with nuts. I finally came across Love Crunch by Nature's Path. It says it is "premium organic granola' with 'dark chocolate & red berries made with organic cocoa, flax, & coconut.' Super excited to see that it didn't have any nuts in it, I ripped open the bag and dug in.
 
I always like to read the label and see what other information there is to offer but I guess that happens only after I eat some. I read the ingredients and low and behold it reads "Contains soy, tree nuts, and wheat" WHAT? Tree nuts? I have lived my whole life (which isn't saying much because I am fairly young) believing that I was allergic to all nuts. I wanted a while to see if I had a delayed allergic reaction, but after 20 minutes of nothing, I cam to the conclusion that maybe I am not allergic to all nuts.
 
To some this may sound extremely uninteresting, but for me this was enlightening. Perhaps I am not allergic to all nuts (just peanuts; I definitely know I am allergic to peanuts) and can start experimenting with other nuts. My next goal: hazelnuts. (You don't know how much I want to try Nutella)
 
By the way, as far as the granola, it's pretty good. It is exactly what it says. Granola + a few red berries + a few chocolate chunks. It is definitely not life changing but a fun way to add some pizazz to plain yogurt. Here's a picture if you are interested. (I think it is from Costco but I'm not entirely sure)
 
 
 
Thanks for reading to the end if you did! This post explores more of who I am. I don't know if you guys like these types of things, but I am quite enjoying them lately. This blog started as a blog mainly about nail polish, but I have really been liking writing about other things. I think it is finally time to change the description from nail polish blog to lifestyle blog.
 
x Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment