Sunday, March 30, 2014

Recent Buys

 
Here's another new type of post: recent purchases. This week I went into my first Gap store in years. The last time I remember walking through the Gap doors was when I was in grade school and their logo sweatshirts were a big deal. But I have since matured and now shop their other items.
 
If you want to know a thing about me it is that I LOVE stripes. My everyday bag is striped and when I wear a striped top it definitely clashes (and not in a 'mixing prints' type of way). Nevertheless, I still love stripes even if I look like a walking 'Where's Waldo' sans the hat & glasses.
 
So, when I saw multiple of my favorite bloggers wearing striped tees from Gap, I knew I had to check it out.
 
Having the 'Essential mini-stripe crew tee' in mind, I was quite surprised when it was the first thing I saw walking in. Lying in a neatly folded pile in the front table, it was either a coincidence or fate (I decided it was the latter).
In my basket it went! (actually there was no basket, but you get what I mean)
 
Although my main attention was on the striped tee, I my favorite buy was the small polka dot shirt. The shirt hangs on the body nicely. Not too structured and not to baggy. Great if you want a professional look or a casual outfit. I am also into the small little dots. They are very subtle and not too bold.
 
Shopping around I found a lot of things that caught my eye, but keeping my budget in mind, I put down some things. (which was really hard - there was one thing that I really wanted) Anyway, I walked out with 3 items; all under $100. I think Gap might be one of my all time favorite stores now.
 
The 4th item is a sweatshirt from Target. And like Gap, I don't really shop Target clothes. I usually go to Target to pick up some household items or cosmetics. But let me say, I will now be scouring their clothes department. This sweatshirt I picked up is amazing. It is surprising thinker than it looks and the material is heavy (in a good, substantial kind of way). I was slightly apprehensive about the crew neck buy after trying it on I love the crew neck. Also, another thing I love about the sweatshirt is the small quilted fabric; it gives the sweater detail and texture.
 
Overall, I am really happy with the items I picked up this week. I am really excited now because I found two new stores (at least to me) that I can shop at. And before this recent trip to the mall, I have kind of been in a shopping rut. I have gone into stores and walked out with nothing.
____________________________________________________________
 

No comments:

Post a Comment