Sunday, March 2, 2014

Review: Maybelline 'The Rocket' mascara

 
First makeup post! Well I guess it's kind of bittersweet because this review is not the happiest.
 
Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore makeup brands and I love their
'The Falsies' mascara, but 'The Rocket' was not one that made my top list.
 
My biggest problem with the mascara was that it did not hold a curl. To my straight lashes people out there this is not the mascara for you. I personally have straight lashes and 10 seconds after applying the mascara, major drooping. It pretty much didn't even look like I curled my lashes.
 
The next problem was the formulation. I thought is was gloopy and watery. I went every where. It made my lashes stick together and look spidery.
 
On the plus side, there was a lot of length. My lashes are already pretty long so length is not something that I look for in a mascara but hey, more length is always better right?
 
Personally, the biggest thing I look for in a mascara is volume and separation, which is not what I got in this mascara. So verdict: I stick with 'The Flasies'
 
P.S. I still love Maybelline but this product was a bust for me.
 
P.P.S. I've heard that the waterproof version is good. I personally don't like waterproof mascaras but maybe I'll consider it.
 
 
Here's what the wand looks like
(the very small bristles at the end are on purpose - a tapered effect)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment