Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pastels

With Easter approaching, I decided to pick out some of my favorite pastel polishes. In case you were wondering, the colors are:
Green: Essie Turquoise and Caicos

Lavender: Essie Lilacism
Pink: Revlon Temptress
I was apprehensive about showing this but I thought it might be helpful. I wanted to do something different, so I tried doing some stripes. If you've seen my past blog posts you know I love using tape to make a lot of designs. Well I used thin strips of tape and only one nail came out looking decent. As far as the others, the tape got stuck and broke. The problem was not the time it took because I tried all different times. I think the problem lies in the base color. The one that came out looking decent was with Revlon's Temptress as a base. The other ones with the Essie colors as a base didn't turn out well. This isn't a post to bash the Essie polishes but for the purpose of layering, I don't this these two polishes are good. Lesson to be learned: try out different polishes; consistencies of multiple brands are different. (It's all about trial and error right?)
Oh and here's the result of my attempt with stripes (on my right hand)
As you can see the only nail that came out looking decent is the pink+purple nail. The green+pink nail is okay but not up to my standards. And the purple+green nails are really bad; the tape just broke.
**Also this is my right hand so it is more messy considering I am right handed. These pictures were taken the same day I applied the nail polish. I usually clean up the edges in the shower because the hot water makes the nail polish on the skin remove easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment