Monday, April 21, 2014

Review: Soludos


For such a long time I lusted over the Chanel espadrilles and I still do. I wanted a cheaper alternative and somehow I arrived at a brand called Soludos. When I first bought this pair I had never heard of the brand; I thought they were a small company that sold some shoes. But recently, in these past weeks I have seen so many other bloggers talk about Soludos. I was really excited because I bought them for only $20, on sale at Nordstrom. Now even the solid color pairs are more expensive (Also, I was pretty happy thinking I was hipster; having the shoes before other people even discovered them)

To start, if you are looking for durable shoes refrain from buying these. When I first saw them I knew these weren't lasting shoes so it wasn't really a disappointment; I was kind of waiting for them to break. As you can see from the photo above, I've started breaking through the toe area. And if you look at some of the pictures below you can see the fabric start to break away from the base (not sure if that's what it's called). Oh, I guess I failed to capture it, but in some places there are some loose threads. So as far as durability goes, it fails the test, but like I was saying, I expected this. (If you were wondering, I've had these shoes for a couple months now)

Now the reason I bought these shoes was because I was looking to buy some sort of closed toe casual shoe. I had seen espadrilles were gaining some popularity and decided to take the plunge. And as far as how they look, they are average. They definitely don't look super expensive, but they're okay.

Overall my opinion about these shoes are not the greatest. With the money, I would rather buy a cute pair of sandals. And, as far as if I would buy them again: no. If you have the money to spare and want to try out the espadrille style, feel free to buy them. They do come in cute patterns for spring/summer, so I'll give them that.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment